The Certificate of Recognition (COR) program is a proven way for companies to improve their health and safety performance, create a culture of proactive workplace health and safety and reduce the risk and costs associated with workplace incidents. Having a COR can offer you WCB premium rate discounts to employers who have successfully implemented health, safety and disability management programs and have achieved a COR standard set by their certifying partner.
Whether you have a small company of a handful of employees or have over a hundred employees we will assist you in achieving your SECOR or COR certification. SECOR is designed for employers with up to 10 employees although it is recommended that you confirm your clients accept SECOR. If not or you have 11+ employees you will be certified under the COR standards.
There are 13 certifying partners in Alberta and we work with the following certifying partners:
- Choose your certifying partner, become a member and participate in required training
- Register your company in the WCB Partnerships in Injury Reduction program
- Develop and implement a health and safety management system that meets provincial standards
- Choose an Auditor
- Complete an audit and achieve a passing mark (80% overall score, with no less than 50% in any one element)
- Improved worker safety resulting in reduced work site incidents and associated costs
- Health and Safety Management system that meets legislative standards
- Reduced WCB rates and qualifying for PIR WCB refunds
- Bid on work where COR is mandated
- Reduce legal risk exposure
If you have an up to date Health and Safety Management system in place that meets legislation for the provinces you work COR can be easily achieved. If you require a program developed would be happy to work with you to build a customized program that meets COR and Industry standards.
If you are interested in hiring us for your COR audit contact us with how many employees you employ, number of worksites and locations (including offices, shops and yards) and we will be happy to provide you with a proposal.
We also provide a Gap Analysis to determine any program areas that do not meet the COR standards before you get audited to provide you with time to bring it up to date.